December 13, 2008

Precious Children

I have two very precious children and one on the way. My eldest Harrington is much like his mother (before children) and sleeps about 11 hours a night soundly. We call him a lunk head, that's probably why he wets the bed. He doesn't get up even to pee. Which brings me to tonight. My daughter is a night owl and not a sound sleeper, about 10 last night I heard, "Harrington needs medicine, he's coughing". Sure enough her brother was hacking up a lung sound asleep. So my husband walked down the 5 steps to take him some medicine which he swallowed completely asleep. I wish I had thought to take a picture. Then this morning my Eliza (the little girl in my tummy) woke me up to pee at 2:05 am just in time to watch Martha Stewart's canning show. It was great, but then I was up and decided to go online to check Saturday's specials. They have a few things I need at Toys R US for the kids and Zeb so I decided to set my alarm to wake up at 5:40 and go get what I need before Zeb leaves for work at 7. About 3:50 I heard my sweet daughter cry out in her sleep, so I went to see why. She must have had a bad dream. I asked if she wanted me to turn her TV on, to which she replied "Yes mommy, you lay down and sleep on snow white with me. "(That's her pillow) So I turned on the TV, snuggled her in her blankies and layed down. About 2 1/2 seconds later this is what I saw...

I know that she is mine and I am partial, but she just looked like the most beautiful sleeping angel to me. Having children has definitely cut into my sleep, but who wouldn't love to get back out of bed to snuggle up to this sweet little girl. I took this picture so I can show her when her babies are little just how much I loved her, even at 3:50 in the morning. So thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who entrusted these sweet spirits to me.

2 comments:

Heather said...

You are so good. I am like Harrington. I fall asleep anywhere. Odelia looks beautiful and I love the cute short do. The belly pictures are great. You look adorable.

AKA "D" said...

Lexi is my little sleeper too 12+ hours and has been like that since birth. Hailey is sleeping 10 hours a night now. Yeah people hate me when I tall them that. Odelia is so cute! Cant wait to see the next one!