October 9, 2008

Arizona Trip, Parent/Teacher Confrence & Trash

Okay, so Desirae helped me and made the slide shows you see below. It's kinda hard to describe whats going on in each picture since they are a slide show. But bless her heart for taking pity on me. While I was in Arizona we made a tutu for Charlotte, and we went canoing. You will notice that in all the pictures Zeb is in the Canoe, that is because he was the only one paddling. He was our tour guide, and pretty cute too. At first Desirae and my Dad didn't even want to attempt the Canoe, but we broke them down. If you look closely you can see my dad isn't on a seat he was sitting on the bottom of the canoe holding on for dear life. He hates cold water and was afraid of capsizing the boat. This coming from a man who served in the air force and at one point was a light weight boxer. Yes you heard me right light weight. You would never guess it now but he weighed like 125 lbs when him and my mom married. She was a scant 85 lbs. They have both gained another person in 50 years of marriage. After the canoe ride my dad had to take a nitro for his heart and lie down on the dock. My niece Charlotte road in the canoe for her first time, and she loved it, especially looking at all the ducks. She is the cute little one, with the life vest as big as her. I have been asked to do a tutu tutorial, but I don't have the step by step photos so you'll just have to wait until I make another one for Odelia. It's actually quite simple. I saw them at the mall and figured out how to do them on my own.

On another note, I am a scatter brained mom. I thought I had everything so planned for Harrington's parent /teacher conferences. I did my hair, Zeb got off work early, we ate dinner early as not to be late. I even changed my P.b. & J stained shirt and put make-up on. We got to Harrington's school, and his teacher wasn't there. We were supposed to be there the night before. I still don't know how I messed up on the night. I wrote it on the Calender, Harrington's teacher even sent a reminder note home. I never thought I would be a mom that would miss a Parent/Teacher conference. Somewhere between watching 7 children and going through Harrington's back pack I recorded the wrong day on the calender. Harrington even told me last night that we had Parent/Teacher conference and I assured him that it was tonight. Being pregnant messes with your brain... sometimes I think my mind is totally lost.

Second totally retarded thing that happened today. It's trash day, I heard the trash go to the curb and saw it on the curb. So I crossed it off my last, so glad that Zeb had remembered to do it for me. So this morning I emptied all the trash and the diaper pail (I have 6 kids in diapers... so it was a full bag of just diapers) I noticed that the trash can had less trash than usual for us. I shrugged it off because we were out of town. So I proceeded to go back inside and grab my broken brown chair I have been waiting to throw out and added it to the can. Then about 11 I heard the trash guy so I thought I would check the mail and haul the can back to where we keep it behind the fence. And to my surprise when I opened the gate there was my trash can, almost full. I had been putting trash, diapers and a broken chair in my neighbors trash can. Thank goodness she didn't see me, or I would have been totally embarrassed. So I wheeled her trash can back to the curb, and went inside totally disgusted that I hadn't checked to make sure my trash was out.

Lets hope tomorrow is better, at least I have the picture fiasco taken care of. Thank you, thank you, thank you Desirae. Lets hope I can sleep tonight.

No comments: