October 7, 2008

I need a vacation from my vacation

Okay so I am back from Arizona and I have a few things to blog about my trip, but I can't get the pictures off of my email. Hopefully my niece Desirae can help me out. So you will have to wait with baited breath to find out about all the fun I had. We got home late Sunday from AZ, and since then I have been trying to catch up. There has been a lot of laundry. I am proud to say that I have the month's FAMILY CALENDER all updated. My family Calender comes from years of having a desk job. I had a large desk calender where everything I needed to do was right in front of me. I know that their are more modern technologies, such as a blackberry, PDA and online calenders. I have used all of them, but I am retarded, I have to see it in large print everyday so I can prepare, and remember. Since I spend very little time at my desk in my home office, I rip out each month and pin it up on the wall in the Kitchen. It's not the most aesthetically pleasing thing, but it keeps me sane.
Harrington is all caught up his school work, and we are getting started on a project for the Utah PTA competition.
Zeb has been busy at work getting the show room up to par for the big "VP" visit on Friday. Saturday Zeb and I are going to the Discount Tire annual party and we are staying the night at the Hilton. I am sooooo excited, Zeb and I haven't been on a date in forever, much less getting away for a whole evening.
Odelia has been reacquainting herself with all her toys and enjoying having time to herself in her own room.
Since I am finally past the first trimester, I am starting to feel good enough to cook and bake. I have made dinner two nights in a row. Yesterday I even made bread and cookies, and today I made granola. Money is a little tight since our trip, so making goodies from scratch is a way to use my food supply and save money. One day I will be rich, then I can make things from scratch for fun, instead of necessity.... some day.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Jami~ Welcome home and back into life! I, too, love the giant calendar, but now with 5 people to schedule, it just isn't large enough for me. Alas, I have resorted to Google Calendar with each person being color coded. Most days are a little TOO colorful for my taste! Busy, busy, busy!

I am so glad that you have the blog so that we can keep up with one another!! Tell that Desirae to stop draggin' her feet and send me an invitation to hers!! :)

I can't wait 'till ya get the whole picture thang worked out. It's really a cinch and you'll be uploading visual candy before you know it!