October 27, 2008

Salsa & Pumpkin

Last Tuesday I set out to make a few quarts of Salsa, as we were all out. And tomatoes are so cheap right now and I already had the rest of the ingredients from my garden. (Unfortunately I never had enough tomatoes all at once to use the tomatoes from my garden.) Anyhoos Zeb had the day off so I figured he could help keep an eye on the kids while I made the salsa. So after my prenatal appt. I came home picked up Eva, one of my babysitting kids and headed off to Walmart. I bought all I needed and two pumpkins. I failed to inform Zeb of the two rather large pumpkins that were in the back. One fell out of the back of my SUV and landed right on his toe. Since it was cracked it was throw it away or can it, waste not want not. So we had salsa to make and pumpkin to can. 14 quarts later I still have about 5 more quarts to do, so tonight I am taking my double canner to my Cousins (it doesn't fit on my stove under my micro hood) and we will finish the pumpkin as well as do some pinto beans. So much for a few simple quarts of salsa.


Pumpkin Pie anyone?

No comments: